- Please contact me PRIOR to surgery if you have any cuts,scrapes, or infections that you know of, or if you have any symptoms of the flu (fever or cold).
- Please advise us of any over-the-counter medications or nutritional supplement that you are currently taking or have taken within the last month. This includes but is not limited to herbal supplements such as St. John’s Wort, Ginkgo Biloba and Ma Huang.
- Discontinue taking aspirin, anti-coagulants or any antiinflammatories one-week prior to surgery. If you are on any medication not prescribed by our office, contact your doctor and advise them of your upcoming surgery.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING EIGHT (8) HOURS PRIOR TO SURGERY. If you are taking daily medicine such as blood pressure or cholesterol medication, you may take it with a sip of water.
- You may brush your teeth before surgery and rinse your month out, but DO NOT SWALLOW ANY WATER.
- You may drive yourself to the hospital if you are having outpatient surgery, but you may NOT drive yourself home. Please arrange for transportation following surgery.
- Depending on your age and health pre-operative testing may be required in order to make sure it is safe to take you into surgery. If this is the case, an order will be given to you with the required testing. This needs to be completed at least one-week prior to your surgery and the results need to be faxed to (623)414-3311.
- Please call the appointment desk prior to surgery and schedule a post-op appointment 7-14 days following your estimated discharge from the hospital.
- If you have any question concerning these instructions, contact me immediately at 602-795-6300 THANK YOU!