Integrated Health and Wellness Services
"It is our goal to provide the best possible outcome with the fewest complications. To meet those goals, OrthoArizona has adopted safe surgical parameters that can be modified prior to surgery to minimize our patient’s risk and maximize the outcome. Studies have shown that certain parameters put you at an increased risk for complications and has proved to lead to infection and other problems following surgery. In keeping with our commitment to provide the best possible outcome and are here to help you optimize your medical conditions."
What is an Obesity Medicine Specialist?
Obesity medicine is the ﬁeld of medicine dedicated to the comprehensive care of patients aﬀected by obesity. Obesity medi-cine combines science-based medicine with individualized treatment, resulting in improved health outcomes for patients and career satisfaction for healthcare providers.
Obesity medicine specialist use a comprehensive, scientiﬁc, and individual-ized approach to treat obesity. This approach is comprised of nutrition, physical activity, behavior, and medication—the four pillars. When combined and personalized, these four pillars of clinical obesity treat-ment help patients lose and maintain weight loss long term and achieve better overall health.
What to expect and what to bring to your first visit:
- Please complete intake form sent by central scheduling and bring your last 3 months of laboratory results to your first appointment.
- We will complete a comprehensive review of your medical history with you at this first visit.
- Discussion with you on what your end goals are for your consult with our integrative health and wellness team.
- Focus on improvement of modifiable risk factors including reduction in BMI, improvement in hemoglobin A1c (if applicable), and tobacco cessation (if applicable) as it applies to your particular needs.
- Review of potential further medical evaluation including labs, referrals, potential imaging and/or testing.
- Review of potential FDA approved anti-obesity medication management that may help us with your journey.
- Current FDA approved medications include Saxenda, Contrave, Qsymia, and Belviq.
- Set follow-up appointment to continue discussion of comprehensive treatment plan within 1-2 weeks.
Integrative Health and Wellness Services
OrthoArizona provides an individualized comprehensive treatment for to help improve BMI and metabolic health to support comprehensive care for optimizing outcomes for our patients’ orthopedic conditions. Our comprehensive care plan including the four pillars for long term success utilizing evidence-based medicine including FDA approved anti-obesity medication when clinically indicated, nutritional recommendations, improvement in physical activity, and assistant with behavioral changes to help improve outcomes for long term success. OrthoArizona provides a level of integrative healthcare combining the latest research in evidence-based medicine in combination with complimentary therapies to optimize our patients’ results. We believe you oversee your health care and to be successful, we work with you to understand your concerns and take the time necessary to understand your needs as fully as possible. We have found that when we take the time to listen to your goals, needs, and concerns, we are able to adapt our knowledge and understanding to your beliefs and goals to the best of our ability, while maintaining sound medical practice principles.
Live Without Limits
OrthoArizona provides an individu-alized comprehensive treatment plan to help improve BMI and metabolic health in order to optimize outcomes for our patients’ orthopedic conditions. Our evidence based, comprehensive care plan includes the four pillars for long term success utilizing:
- FDA approved anti-obesity medication (when clinically indicated).
- Nutritional recommendations and guidance.
- Assistance with behavioral changes to support long term success.
- Assistance with creation of physical activity plan with understanding of potential limitations due to orthopedic conditions.
Amy Ingersoll, PA-C, MMS
Amy Ingersoll, PA-C, MMS is a nationally respected obesity medicine specialist. She has been actively practicing obesity medicine since 2011. She has received the highest level of training in obesity medicine for PAs with receiving the Advanced Education of Obesity Medicine from the Obesity Medical Association that demonstrates her extensive knowledge of evidence-based obesity treatment approaches and an ongoing commitment to patient’s health.
She approaches obesity as a chronic, progressive disease with focus on evidence based-treatment for long term success. Amy understands successful comprehensive medical care of chronic disease is a combination four facets including nutritional education, physical activity, behavior therapy, and medication management to help patients improve their overall health and wellness. Even more important for her is creating lasting patient-provider relationships and approaching her patients with empathy and compassion to truly help them achieve optimal health. She realizes that to successfully treat a person, she has to get to know them, and there's nothing she loves more than creating genuine connections with her patients.
She understands that much of successful treatment of obesity medicine is her ability to help focus on treat the aspects of weight set point that are outside of her patient's control. What many do not realize is that a person’s weight set point is a very closely regulated vital by a complex inter-connection of physiologic responses. She realizes until she helps to educated and treat the aspects of weight set point and obesity medicine outside of her patients’ control, they will never achieve long term success.